Reducing your cancer risk
The risk of many cancers can be reduced by a healthy lifestyle and environment.
You can reduce your risk by:
- Being Smokefree
- Eating a diet high in fruit and vegetables and low in saturated fat and sugar
- Being a healthy weight
- Being regularly physically active
- Following lower risk guidelines if you drink alcohol
- Being SunSmart - avoiding over-exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UVR) from the sun and sun beds
- Undertaking recommended screening for different cancers.