How you can make a difference
Every day, 63 New Zealanders are diagnosed with cancer.
By fundraising through Walking Stars, you can support local people living with cancer. The Cancer Society provides vital services to people living with cancer and relies on the generosity of the public to keep those services available.
The fastest and easiest way to fundraise is online. After you register for Walking Stars, you will be directed to your own personalised fundraising page.
Here are five easy steps to kick-start your fundraising:
- Add your photo to your page - your friends want to know it's you.
- In the “My Story” section of your page, include your personal story or connection to the cause.
- Make a donation to your own page to get the ball rolling and motivate others to give.
- Ask your friends to donate by sending a personal email. Click here to use our email template.
- Share your fundraising page on social media, like Facebook or Twitter. You're doing something amazing, so spread the word!
How your fundraising makes a difference
If you would rather raise money offline than use your online fundraising page, that is fine. You will find a donation form at the back of the fundraising guide, Fundraising A – Z (pdf). If you need any further help or support please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org