This is a great way to use up any left-over steamed rice! For a nuttier texture, when you cook the rice, try adding about ¼ cup of long grain brown rice. Brown rice takes a little longer to cook, so give it a head start of about 10 minutes, then stir in the white rice.
What you need
- 4 frozen Dory fillets, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 spring onions, trimmed
- 250 grams (about 3 ½ cups) sliced mushrooms
- 400 grams stir-fry vegetable mix
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon minced chilli or sambal oelek
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (optional)
How to make it
- Pat the fish fillets dry with a paper towel. Cook in a lightly greased pan for 3-4 minutes each side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Head a dash of oil in a wok and cook the ginger, garlic, spring onions and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the stir-fry vegetables and cook a further 2-3 minutes over a high heart so that the vegetables simply re-heat.
- Add the rice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until piping hot. Add the chili and lime juice. Then stir-fry until heated through.
- Flake the fish into large pieces and gently toss through the rice with the coriander.