How you can make a difference
The money you raise through Walking Stars will help to fund breakthrough research and extend a helping hand to cancer patients and their families at a time in their lives when they need it most.
Kiwi scientists are at the forefront of cancer research at the Auckland Cancer Society Research Centre (ACSRC)
- The survival rate for many cancers
has improved by up to 30% and today over 60% of cancer patients will survive
more than five years.
- But there is so much more to do.
Your support will change lives for the better by ensuring those going through cancer receive compassionate care and support through:
- Home visits to cancer patients by Cancer Society Community Liaison Nurses
- Free counselling for cancer patients and their families
- Advice and information for those affected by cancer though the 0800 Cancer Information line
- Help stamp out preventable cancer through health promotion and education